Ava Grace's Closet: Dear Ava...Now You're 8
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 30, 2018

Dear Ava...Now You're 8

Albeit late, I didn't want ms. Ava Grace's 8th birthday to go unnoticed.
I envision her one day reading through all of her letters - not unlike both Isabella and Julian have.
They don't say much but I know they get a kick out of reading about themselves and what they were like year after year.
I know I do.
And so, I continue.

Dear Ava,
You were counting down the days to 8. 
I think mostly because you knew it meant getting rid of your car booster. The moment I did so, you told your brother you were officially no longer a baby. And that he couldn't make fun of you anymore.
I'm not sure that alone will do the trick. 

You are in grade 2 and you love school.
You could read and write all day long - and right now, like myself years before you, the library is one of your favourite places to be.
You choose so many books that you are literally struggling to carry them all out.
But you don't waiver.
And you get through each one of them before reminding me 10x that it is time for them to be returned.
You are my own personal assistant.
My calendar.
My watch.
Sometimes I need to remind you that I have done all of this. Twice before.
You don't seem to care about that.








As you might have guessed, you are ALL about unicorns right now.
Sleeping with Crystal, your beloved little stuffed unicorn, every night. 
No, you haven't forgotten about Bobo but for now, he's sharing space.
I surprised you with a real live unicorn at your birthday party - you and ms. Lily became fast friends.
I will never forget how you stopped mid-party to come over to me for a hug telling me how thankful you were.

Ava, you have the kindest heart.
I learn both about being free-spirited and patient from you every day.
Your will to learn is unmatched and you will be the master of anything you set your mind to.
Of that, I am sure.
I knew from the minute you made your appearance that you were meant to be here.
Each year, this belief grows stronger.
I am blessed to be your mother.

I love you more than chocolate.
{and I reallllly love chocolate}
xo
mama

1 comment :

  1. Dearest Susan,
    Oh my, this is not true... those five years have just vanished? Don't know exactly how long I have been visiting here but time goes way, way too fast! You give her the BEST gift one could wish for, such personal letters from the heart will be so meaningful to her over time.
    I'm blessed for having letters from my Mom, due to my immigration, otherwise there would be none.
    Each side of the coin is different but letters are precious as they let us see who we were and tell us who we are.
    Happy belated birthday to sweet Ava Grace and wishing you all many more special moments!
    That Unicorn party was brilliant and how sweet she showed her appreciation so spontaneous to you.
    Big hugs and Happy Easter with more chocolate I bet.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.